- About the Journal
- Aims & Scope
- Editorial Board
- Editorial Advisory Board
- Abstracting & Indexing
- Authors Guidelines
- Ethical Guidelines/Policy
- Review Policy
- Plagiarism Policy
- Publication & Editorial Policy
- Publication Fee Policy
- Open Access & Copyright Policy
- Complaint Procedure
- Archiving Policy
READS ETHICAL POLICY:
Publishing Practice of the Journal works under a certain ethical policy which has been developed keeping in view the COPE guidelines and HEC ethical guidelines for this journal. Here are some key points:
- The Editor is wholly responsible with the assistance of Associate Editors to establish/maintain the quality of the journal.
- He/She has full authority to accept or reject any research paper on the desk screening being contrary to the scope of the Journal and keeping in view the publishing policy of the Journal, READS considering ethical policies or the standard of the topic/ references/ material/ presentation/ grammatical language of the submitted paper and professional demands as well.
- Editor with the assistance of Associate Editors ensures the process of blind peer review of every paper.
- The editor ensures the Plagiarism Check of every paper and strictly follows the HEC Plagiarism Policy regarding this matter.
- An editor is bound to follow the journal's policy without any institutional pressure.
- The editor would provide a corrigendum for any correction, clarification, and apologies as and when required.
- The CEO with the assistance of the President of SPCRD will appoint Members of the Editorial Board/ Advisory Board and change them periodically/anytime. All members of the Editorial Board will work without any remuneration and purely on an honorary basis.
- The editor ensures smooth functioning of the journal and conducting the editorial board meeting on regular basis.
- The editor would disregard the discriminating factors, e.g. gender, race, ethnicity, religious belief, cultural sentiments, political affiliation, or institutional association of the author(s) while selecting articles for publication.
- The editor/associate editors would try to promptly respond to the author (s) of the papers submitted for publishing, for any query.
- An editor/associate editor will not edit any submitted paper which would have any conflict of interest. He/She is responsible to ask the reviewers/evaluators also for disclosing any conflict of interest regarding the submitted research paper to ensure impartiality.
- The editor ensures the confidentiality of the content of the manuscript prior to publishing at his and the reviewer's end.
HEC ETHICAL POLICY:
As per HEC guidelines, the Editor of a research journal plays an important role in establishing and maintaining professional standards. Publication of a paper in an HEC recognized journal is expected to be a reflection of the quality work of the author (s) and the affiliating institution (if any). The Editor is expected to perform the responsibility towards the journal on its all aspects and at varied stages i.e. from receiving an article to publishing it. Keeping this in view, it becomes the prime responsibility of an editor to adopt the following guidelines while publishing papers in his/her research journal.
The Editor of a research journal should be responsible for:
- Establishing and maintaining the quality of the journal by publishing quality papers in his/her journal.
- Promotion of freedom of expression within the cultural, constitutional/legal framework,
- Providing integrity and credibility of the research contributions,
- Meeting the needs of authors and readers,
- Maintaining ethical standards of their journal,
- Providing a corrigendum for any correction, clarification, and apologies where required.:
- Encourage new ideas and suggestions of authors, peer reviewers, members of the editorial board, and readers for improving quality of his/her journal,
- Apply the process of blind peer review in true letter and spirit,
- Promote innovative findings in the respective field and publishing them on priority,
- Promote anti-plagiarism policy,
- Educate contributors (authors) about ethical practices in research, and
- Implement the journal’s policy without institutional pressure and revise the policy from time to time.
The detailed Ethical Guidelines by HEC are available at the following link:
The Journal ensures the implementation of ethical guidelines envisaged by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE). Journal identifies and resolves the conflict of interest using journal’s policy thereof. A team from the Advisor Board will handle complaints/grievances by authors, reviewers, or any other external and internal party.
COPE GUIDELINES FOR ACADEMIC PUBLISHING
- COPE Regarding Principles of Transparency and Best Practice in Scholarly Publishing
- COPE Regarding Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines for Journal Editors
- COPE provides Short Guide to Ethical Editing for New Editors
- COPE Promotes Code of Conduct for Journal Publishers
- COPE Disseminates Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers